During Daylight savings, we run the Waterfront5k series, on the amazing Wellington Waterfront.
- First event is: 2nd October 2018
- Last event is: March 26th 2019
- 24 events over 26 weeks
- Note: No events on Dec 25th 2018 or Jan 1st 2019
The Waterfront 5k is based from Taranaki Wharf each Tuesday Evening
- Registration: outside Macs Brewbar (unless wet) from 5pm
- Race start: Te Papa side of the diving platform on Taranaki Wharf at 5:45pm
- Note: For this summer we are testing just a single start time for all runners and walkers.
WHERE'S THE COURSE?
The Waterfront 5k course is simple out and back on the flat around the edge of the Wellington inner harbour based right in the centre of the city.
For more details on the course and the race briefing / possible hazards and health & safety details - click here for more
HOW TO ENTER
There are a couple of (easy) ways to sign up for a Waterfront 5k this summer
- Option 1: Turn up on the Night, and sign up & pay then before you run
- But to make it simpler? Option 2: Pre register online now, this will save you time on the night ( you only need to register once for the season) - And using online, you can elect to pay via electronic means for a single event or multiple events.
HOW MUCH IT COSTS
The cost to participate in the Waterfront 5k this summer are
Single event: $7.50 online (or electronic on the night), or $7 cash on the night
- Multiple events: (note: these can be used by the whole family - they are not just for one person each)
- 5 events - $30
- 10 events - $55
- 20 events - $100
In return for this, you get:
- accurately measured course
- results posted online later that evening
- chance to win in the nightly spot prizes
- if you do 3 or more events each month, the chance to win the monthly major spot prizes (valued `$200 each month)
Where can I find the results?
If you are looking for the full set of results for the last 10 years (or so) : click here
If you want to find the latest results from last Tuesday: Click here